The GuardXT version check helps keeping your site up to date. Often with new versions of joomla or joomla components potential security issues are resolve, so keeping your software up to date is usually a good idea.
Each time you call guardXT in the backend, you will be informed if your joomla version and your GuardXT version is up to date. For future versions checks for additional components are planned.
The traffic light on the left indicates if your versions are up to date (either green - yes or red - no. An explanatory text is displayed and on the right you'll find a link to get the latest version.
You are a developer and you have developed a joomla extension?
As mentioned above future versions of GuardXT will do version checks for additional extensions. If you are a developer and you want your extension(s) also to be checked by guardxt, please drop me a short mail with the following information:
- name of your extension (e.g. "GuardXT")
- identifier (e.g. "com_guardxt")
- the latest version of the extension following the pattern #.##.##
- either the version no. in the email
- or a link where the latest version no. could be directly retrieved