The pro edition of P2D has a new feature called "paid content". With "paid content" you can restrict access to content you created in Joomla to people who paid for it... It is as simple to set up and use (or even easier) as any other P2D item. Assuming you have already set up P2D to sell e.g. eBooks or other stuff to download, it's done within minutes:
- Create a P2Ditem (or use an existing one) and activate "paid content" in the "paid content" slider of the item configuration.
- Select one or more articles you want to get paid for
- If not already done, set a price, tax, currency etc... for your P2D item
- you're done, start selling...
You can define in some additional parameters what is displayed to users who did not yet pay for the article... This is explained in the second part of this article - to demonstrate the "paid content" feature we of course need some content to pay for...Please note that the content of this article is not necessarily useful and is mainly for demonstration purpose.
Parameters that are available to influence the appearance of paid content are:
- Show on frontpage: Show Item Introtext on frontpage, even if user is not allowed to display the whole article
- Show Intro: Display the Introtext of the article, even if the user is not allowed to see the whole article.
- Show button: Show a Pay Now button if the user is not allowed to view the article
- Show Item text: Show the Item description if Pay Now button is displayed
- Show Link: Show a link to the P2D item